Monday, March 3, 2014

art imitates life
















A while back I knit a hat pattern that included bobbles. (For you non-knitters, bobbles are the round bumps you see on the hat above.) The thing was that I found making bobbles really annoying. It was one of those tasks that I just couldn't seem to get comfortable with, my tongue kind of sticking out to the side as I made them, exhaling each time I finished one to realize I'd been holding my breath. So, to try and find the love for bobbles, I decided to knit a hat covered in them. And, it worked! I can't believe I'm saying this, but now I actually think they're kind of fun to make. Another surprise was when I realized the hat bears a bit of a resemblance to a sea anemone! 

This bobbly hat is now available in the handmade section of the shop. 

p.s. I've also recently joined instagram. Click the icon on the right to follow me there!
p.p.s. Wes Anderson's Grand Budapest Hotel opens this week! Trailer here.


2 comments: