Thursday, December 5, 2013

etsy love: pollen arts

























I have decided to begin sharing a little Etsy love here once in a while, featuring a shop whose products I have personally enjoyed and love. I'd like to start with Pollen Arts, a candle shop run by the lovely husband & wife team, Peter and Juwels. 




As someone who has spent years and years collecting old glass jars and bottles, I'm pretty sure I gasped when I first saw their beautiful candles. Each one is lovingly handmade with pure beeswax, and I can attest to their amazing sweet scent and quality. (In fact they have such high standards, they sometimes sell their "seconds" through their blog and they are practically flawless.) 



















































From jars, to bottles, to sweet little inkwells, their candles vary in size, shape and design; I love them all. They are long-burning and as long as you keep the wicks trimmed, they hold a steady flame and don't smoke. The only problem I have found is that it takes me a while to break down and light them as they seem almost too pretty to burn! (I always do though, as they are meant to shine their light!)



























With the holidays upon us, I think these candles would make great gifts... who wouldn't love them? 

You can find Pollen Arts on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/pollenArts
Check out their blog, The Winnebago Diaries here: http://thewinnebagodiaries.blogspot.com/
See them as featured sellers on Etsy here: https://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2011/featured-seller-pollenarts/

Oh, and I think it's worth mentioning that you just might be able to find a local shop selling their candles and can then not only support handmade, but shop locally and save on shipping. I know a local co-op near me that carries a great selection of their candles. 

Many thanks to Peter and Juwels for permission to use their photos here... shine on you crazy diamonds!



p.s. This is not a sponsored post. As mentioned, I am just spreading some Etsy love!

1 comment: