Tuesday, December 3, 2013

baby, it's cold outside



























December is coming in with icy wind, snow flurries and the prettiest pink sunrises and sunsets. Last night I was awoken by what sounded like animals scampering across the rooftop. This morning I found the yard littered with fir boughs and branches, the likely culprits of those thumps & bumps in the windy night. 


















I am drinking tea all day long, my current favorite a blend I found at my local herb shop that includes carob, barley malt, blackberry leaf, licorice root, chicory, cinnamon, clove and vanilla. It has a rich, roasted flavor and satisfies like a cup of coffee but without the jittery twittery feeling. I've also been eyeing the fine selection at Mountain Rose Herbs and thinking of placing an order. Their Firefly Chai and Herbal Coffee look like they'd be right up my alley.

What are you drinking to stay warm these days?




Top photo by Joe Anderson

3 comments:

  1. Caramel chocolate hazle nut with a dulce de lech creamer. I usually have toasted english muffins with my homemade cranberry jam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh la la! I was just sniffing some hazelnut tea the other day, perhaps I'll have to give a try.

      Delete
  2. I know it's a desert tea, but it's also my all the time tea :p

    ReplyDelete