Friday, June 7, 2013

apricot jam with honey































I am kind of a late bloomer when it comes to canning. It was always one of those things that sounded like a great idea, but somehow I never had the gumption to do. I think there was also a healthy fear of poisoning myself or my loved ones in the mix, but eventually I took the leap. Now my problem is that I cannot stop myself from canning! One glimpse of perfectly ripe figs and I'm making jam. Too many of last year's blackberries in the freezer? Jam. I've managed to slide through the asparagus season this year without pickling any, but it's not over yet.

One thing I did not want to miss out on this year was apricots. The simple recipe for apricot jam with honey from Tart and Sweet looked just about right, so earlier this week I made up a small batch. Delicious. It not only looks like sunshine in a jar, it tastes like it too.

Fresh on the shelves of refugium are some sweet old-fashioned quilted jelly jars, you can find them here

No comments:

Post a Comment